Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Chettinad Lincoln is a fully authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) to children ages 3 to 12. We will be adding the Middle Years Programme (MYP), as well as the Diploma Programme (DP) in years to come.
- Chettinad Lincoln is a proud member of The Association of International Schools of India (TAISI).
- We have a blend of expatriate and Indian faculty with extensive international school experience.
- Our school is housed in a new state-of-the-art facility.
- We are located on a spacious and green hospital/university campus.
Applications are accepted throughout the school year. There is no set admissions deadline. However, because spaces may be limited in certain grades, families are encouraged to submit all required application documents and payments by February 1 for an August start date. To inquire about space availability, contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or +91 (0) 44 4742 9900.
Chettinad Lincoln welcomes all students, both expatriate and Indian nationals alike, in our diverse multicultural environment.
The maximum number of students in a classroom is twenty-four. For Nursery, Preschool, Lower and Upper Kindergarten, full classes will have two teachers and an assistant.
Half of Chettinad Lincoln teachers are from the United States or other Western countries. Half are Indian nationals. The school’s leadership is from the United States.
All instruction is in English.
School starts at 8:30 a.m and ends at 3:15 p.m. Each Thursday, classes end at 2:30 p.m. in order to give our faculty and staff time for meetings and curriculum planning.
Nursery and Preschool students are released at 12:00 p.m. For an additional fee, daycare is offered for our Nursery and Preschool students from 12:00 - 3:15 p.m. (or 2:30 p.m. on Thursdays).
In sync with the leading international schools around the world, Chettinad Lincoln follows a typical international school calendar.
Yes, please contact our Main Office to inquire about available bus routes.
Food service is available for purchase. Families may also provide their own healthy lunches and snacks.
Chettinad Lincoln is currently a school for day students. Boarding facilities are planned for construction in the future.
School uniforms are not required for daily wear. However, one school uniform set is required for special events. Uniforms will be available from the school.
All classrooms are equipped with Smart Boards. Students have access to iPads and laptops.